Party alleges its candidate `prevented` from filing papers
New Delhi: Even as the BJP nominee failed to file his papers for Kannauj Lok Sabha bypolls on Wednesday, the Al- Hind Party has alleged use of "undemocratic" means to prevent aspirants from filing nominations for the seat, where UP chief minister`s wife Dimple Yadav is set for an easy win.
The little-known party`s adviser P S Verma, a socialist leader, in a complaint to the Election Commission has alleged that the the party`s president Onkar Nath Katiyar was keen to contest from Kannauj, but was prevented by officials from doing so.
Verma alleged that Katiyar and he tried their best to file papers and deposit an amount of Rs 25,000 in Kannauj, but failed to do so, despite all their attempts.
He said even as the amount was deposited in Mathura treasury on May 31, they could not succeed in depositing the related papers with the District Magistrate in a democratic manner.
Verma alleged a nexus between politicians and bureaucrats and termed the situation as dangerous for the Indian democracy.
The Al-Hind party leader also alleged that their complaints with the EC also fell on deaf ears, as no action could be initiated to help them file their papers.
Incidentally, the Congress, RLD and BSP - prominent parties in Uttar Pradesh, have not fielded any candidate, making it easy for the Samajwadi Party nominee Dimple Yadav.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- LIVE: Yakub Memon buried in Mumbai; Rajnath says he got chance to express views in all forums
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report