Party alleges its candidate `prevented` from filing papers
New Delhi: Even as the BJP nominee failed to file his papers for Kannauj Lok Sabha bypolls on Wednesday, the Al- Hind Party has alleged use of "undemocratic" means to prevent aspirants from filing nominations for the seat, where UP chief minister`s wife Dimple Yadav is set for an easy win.
The little-known party`s adviser P S Verma, a socialist leader, in a complaint to the Election Commission has alleged that the the party`s president Onkar Nath Katiyar was keen to contest from Kannauj, but was prevented by officials from doing so.
Verma alleged that Katiyar and he tried their best to file papers and deposit an amount of Rs 25,000 in Kannauj, but failed to do so, despite all their attempts.
He said even as the amount was deposited in Mathura treasury on May 31, they could not succeed in depositing the related papers with the District Magistrate in a democratic manner.
Verma alleged a nexus between politicians and bureaucrats and termed the situation as dangerous for the Indian democracy.
The Al-Hind party leader also alleged that their complaints with the EC also fell on deaf ears, as no action could be initiated to help them file their papers.
Incidentally, the Congress, RLD and BSP - prominent parties in Uttar Pradesh, have not fielded any candidate, making it easy for the Samajwadi Party nominee Dimple Yadav.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only?
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part II
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part III
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part IV
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- China, Pakistan launch first joint border patrols near Xinjiang
- Mamta Kulkarni breaks silence to rebuff drug racket reports, says glamour does not tantalize her anymore
- India stands with Bangladesh in its fight against terrorism: PM Narendra Modi to Sheikh Hasina
- It's Marlon Samuels vs Virat Kohli: How two batting mainstays will decide the course of West Indies-India series
- I-T dept identifies 90 lakh high-value transactions without PAN; to seek details