Party politics hindering growth: Mayawati
New Delhi: Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister
Mayawati, who has often accused the Centre of ignoring the
interests of the state, on Saturday stressed on the need to "rise
above party politics" to ensure speedier development of the
In her speech read out by state Finance Minister Lalji
Verma at the 56th National Development Council meet here,
Mayawati said as the objectives of inclusive growth could not
be fully met during the 11th Five Year Plan, there was a need
to initiate concrete measures during the 12th Plan to ensure
speedier development of backward regions and to bring the
"downtrodden" into the mainstream of growth.
"To achieve such balanced and higher level of
development, it will be necessary to rise above party politics
and so distribute the resources as to uplift the lagging
regions and neglected sections of our society," she said.
She lamented that the Approach Paper of the Planning
Commission on 12th Plan "does not seem to reflect" all the
suggestions made by the states at regional consultation
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!