PAs of UP law officers to get revised pay-scale: Allahabad HC
Allahabad: The Allahabad High Court has
directed the Uttar Pradesh government that personal assistants
posted at the offices of state law officers be paid salaries
equivalent to officials holding the same post at the High
Court with effect from December 16, 1996.
Justice Arun Tandon passed the order on May 23, 2011,
while allowing a writ petition filed by an organisation
`Personal Assistants` Brotherhood, UP State`.
The petitioners had contended that though the state
government had accepted the demand for parity in pay-scales,
it was insisting on paying salaries as per the revised scale
with effect from 21.6.2007.
They had further contended that since their petition,
seeking parity in pay scales, has been pending since 1996, the
relief too should be granted with retrospective effect.
The court allowed the petitions, observing "there is
absolutely no justification coming from the state to deny such
parity from the date aforesaid."
"The respondents are directed to grant the pay-scale
to the petitioners, at par with those working on similar posts
in the establishment of the High Court, Allahabad, with effect
"Arrears in that regard may be released within three
months from the date a certified copy of this order is filed
before the authority concerned," the judge said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch