Passenger train stoned, several injured
Ghaziabad: A mob of protesters pelted stones
at the Delhi-Kalka passenger train and injured over a dozen
passengers after a man was allegedly run over by another train
near Muradnagar here, police said on Wednesday.
The passenger train was stopped and stoned by angry
villagers protesting against the railway police last evening.
According to railway sources, a senior citizen, Ashok, of
Dhedha village was run over by another train near Muradnagar.
The villagers protested against the railway police since the
victim`s body had been lying unattended on the railway track
for several hours.
The protesters were removed from the track by the local
police and after an hour the train passed the area.
Body of deceased has been sent for postmortem.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- Zee Media Exclusive: In conversation with BJP President Amit Shah