Paswan demands sacking of UP govt
New Delhi: LJP chief Ram Vilas Paswan on Thursday
demanded the dismissal of Mayawati government in Uttar Pradesh
over the issue of violence against farmers agitating for
better compensation for their land in Greater Noida.
"We demand the dismissal of Mayawati government over
the issue," Paswan said after he was arrested in the morning
at Noida while attempting to enter Bhatta Parsaul village
where farmers are protesting for enhanced compensation for
land acquired for a road project.
He termed the BSP government of Uttar Pradesh
"anti-Dalit and anti-poor."
Paswan was stopped by police at the DND flyover and
prevented from proceeding towards the village, the epicentre
of the protest.
Paswan said that it`s time the Centre brings the
proposed Land Acquisition Act and new Relief and
Rehabilitation policy to effectively address compensation-
related grievances of farmers across the country.
The LJP chief also demanded a compensation of Rs 25
lakh to family members of each of the deceased farmers as well
as Rs 10 lakh to those injured.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India