Paswan demands sacking of UP govt
New Delhi: LJP chief Ram Vilas Paswan on Thursday
demanded the dismissal of Mayawati government in Uttar Pradesh
over the issue of violence against farmers agitating for
better compensation for their land in Greater Noida.
"We demand the dismissal of Mayawati government over
the issue," Paswan said after he was arrested in the morning
at Noida while attempting to enter Bhatta Parsaul village
where farmers are protesting for enhanced compensation for
land acquired for a road project.
He termed the BSP government of Uttar Pradesh
"anti-Dalit and anti-poor."
Paswan was stopped by police at the DND flyover and
prevented from proceeding towards the village, the epicentre
of the protest.
Paswan said that it`s time the Centre brings the
proposed Land Acquisition Act and new Relief and
Rehabilitation policy to effectively address compensation-
related grievances of farmers across the country.
The LJP chief also demanded a compensation of Rs 25
lakh to family members of each of the deceased farmers as well
as Rs 10 lakh to those injured.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Porn survey: Delhi no 1; 'animal porn' in Pune
- Radhe Maa dances at casino in London, claims video