Paswan`s LJP to contest all 403 seats in UP
Lucknow: Releasing his party manifesto for
Uttar Pradesh assembly elections, Lok Janshakti Party chief
Ram Vilas Paswan on Tuesday said his party would contest on all 403
seats in the state.
"The party has decided to contest on all 403 seats in the
state, however, LJP will not field candidates on those seats
from where prominent candidates of Congress, SP and Peace
Party are in the fray," Paswan told reporters here.
On LJP`s manifesto, he said that only those things which
were practically possible have been mentioned in the document.
"Many parties are making big promises, but we have
included only those things which are practically possible," he
The party has promised health card to all residents, and
Rs 18,000 to every girl at the time of registration of birth.
"This 18,000 will be deposited in the bank at the time of
birth and will be given once the girl turns 18," he said.
Paswan said that 10 per cent reservation would be given
to economically weak people of upper caste in jobs and
education and 50 per cent quota to SC/ST, backward and
minorities in private sector.
Taking a dig at Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar
campaigning in support of JD(U) candidate, he alleged that his
(Nitish) "media management" was good.
"Corruption in Bihar is no less than UP and there is a
scam of Rs 67,000 crore," he alleged.
On Nitish campaigning against Bhartiya Janata Party in
UP, the LJP president said that if BJP wishes it could pull
down the government in Bihar in minutes.
To check elected representatives after polls, Paswan
said that this time tickets have been given to grassroot
workers and not to party hoppers.
Paswan said that UP CM Mayawati installing her statues
along with that of Dr Ambedkar was totally wrong.
"Fearing that her stand alone statues might be pulled
donw in successive government, Mayawati installed them with
those of Dr Ambedkar," he alleged.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note