Paternity suit: Tiwari intended to adopt her son, says Rohit`s mom
New Delhi: The mother of Rohit Shekhar, who is seeking to declare ND Tiwari as his biological father, on Tuesday told a commission here that she was assured by the veteran Congress leader that he intended to adopt her son.
67-year-old Ujjwala Sharma, who was cross examined by Tiwari`s lawyer, deposed that at the time of Rohit`s birth, she had talked to the Congress leader regarding giving his name as the father of the child, but she was "not allowed" to do so.
"At the time of birth of the child (Rohit) as well as at the time of his admission, I talked to defendant No 1(Tiwari), I wanted to give his name as father but on his pursuation taking his political career into consideration, I was not allowed to do that because he assured me that he intended to adopt the child and I trusted him," she said during her cross examination by Bahar-U Barqi, lawyer for 88-year-old Tiwari.
She was recording her testimony before Bimla Makin, former Additional District Judge, who has been appointed by Delhi High Court as Local Commissioner to record evidence in the paternity suit, filed by Root in 2008.
Regarding a query by Barqi on a divorce petition filed by her former husband B P Sharma, she said that it was incorrect that she and Sharma had tried to defame Tiwari at the instance of a Congress lobby.
"It is incorrect that I and Sharma filed a collusive divorce petition to defame defendant No 1(Tiwari) and acted on it at the instance of a Congress lobby against Tiwari from achieving his highest advancement in political life namely Prime Ministership of the country," she told the commission.
The cross-examination of Ujjwala remained inconclusive and would resume tomorrow at the office of Delhi High Court Bar Association.
Earlier, the court had ordered day-to-day hearing in the case after Tiwari refused to settle the case through mediation process.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price