Pay interim compensation to Arunima: HC to UP govt
Lucknow: The Lucknow bench of Allahabad
High Court today directed the Uttar Pradesh government to pay
an interim compensation of Rs five lakh to Arunima Sinha,
the sportswoman, who lost her leg after being pushed from a
The order was passed by Chief Justice F I Rebello and
Justice Devendra Kumar Arora on a Public Interest Litigation
(PIL) filed by lawyer Adarsh Mehrotra.
The petitioner has sought the court`s direction on
ensuring safety and security of railway passengers free from
risk and dignity of life.
He also sought direction to start a fool proof
mechanism and equipments with helpline for quick redressal of
the emergent problems.
The petitioner had cited Arunima`s case in his
Arunima alias Sonu lost her leg after being pushed
from Padmavat Express on April 11 near Bareilly while she was
on her way to Gautam Buddha Nagar from Lucknow to appear in
CISF recruitment examination.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani