Pay interim compensation to Arunima: HC to UP govt
Lucknow: The Lucknow bench of Allahabad
High Court today directed the Uttar Pradesh government to pay
an interim compensation of Rs five lakh to Arunima Sinha,
the sportswoman, who lost her leg after being pushed from a
The order was passed by Chief Justice F I Rebello and
Justice Devendra Kumar Arora on a Public Interest Litigation
(PIL) filed by lawyer Adarsh Mehrotra.
The petitioner has sought the court`s direction on
ensuring safety and security of railway passengers free from
risk and dignity of life.
He also sought direction to start a fool proof
mechanism and equipments with helpline for quick redressal of
the emergent problems.
The petitioner had cited Arunima`s case in his
Arunima alias Sonu lost her leg after being pushed
from Padmavat Express on April 11 near Bareilly while she was
on her way to Gautam Buddha Nagar from Lucknow to appear in
CISF recruitment examination.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: Counting underway - Big prestige battle for BJP and Shiv Sena
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Civic Election Results 2017 LIVE: Shiv Sena marches ahead in Mumbai, but BJP gains lead in Pune, Nashik