Pay interim compensation to Arunima: HC to UP govt
Lucknow: The Lucknow bench of Allahabad
High Court today directed the Uttar Pradesh government to pay
an interim compensation of Rs five lakh to Arunima Sinha,
the sportswoman, who lost her leg after being pushed from a
The order was passed by Chief Justice F I Rebello and
Justice Devendra Kumar Arora on a Public Interest Litigation
(PIL) filed by lawyer Adarsh Mehrotra.
The petitioner has sought the court`s direction on
ensuring safety and security of railway passengers free from
risk and dignity of life.
He also sought direction to start a fool proof
mechanism and equipments with helpline for quick redressal of
the emergent problems.
The petitioner had cited Arunima`s case in his
Arunima alias Sonu lost her leg after being pushed
from Padmavat Express on April 11 near Bareilly while she was
on her way to Gautam Buddha Nagar from Lucknow to appear in
CISF recruitment examination.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Porn survey: Delhi no 1; 'animal porn' in Pune