Peace Party MLAs replace top leader
Lucknow: The National President of Peace Party, Dr Ayub was on Wednesday removed from the post of leader of its legislature group by party MLAs, who appointed Akhilesh Kumar Singh in his place.
Anisur Rehman was named as the deputy leader and Kamal Yusuf as the chief whip, the party MLAs said in a letter to UP Assembly speaker Mata Prasad Pandey in this regard.
Three out of four MLAs of Peace Party held a meeting in which they decided to remove Ayub and appoint Akhilesh, a legislator from Rae Bareli.
However, Ayub downplayed the development, saying it would not have any bearing on the party.
He said he had raised his voice against communalism and alleged that the Samajwadi Party was trying to split the party MLAs. "It will have no effect," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...