Pendency in courts affecting faith in judiciary: SC judge
Ghaziabad: Delay in decision on cases before courts of law had led to diminishing faith among the public in the Indian judicial system, a Supreme Court judge said on Saturday while exhorting judicial officers to work towards serving the interests of the people.
The Supreme Court judge Dr BS Chauhan was in the city as the chief guest for a foundation stone laying ceremony at the district court compound.
Addressing the gathering at the same event, Chief Justice of Allahabad High Court, Shiv Kirti Singh said that the absence of an efficient judicial system was detrimental to the country`s interests.
The senior jurists laid the foundation stone for a host of projects including a residential tower for judicial officers.
That apart, four CBI courts and nine court rooms would also be constructed.
The foundation stones for these projects were laid today.
A residential complex for the district judge too be built.
While the UP Nirman Nigam will develop the CBI courts at a cost of Rs 732 lakh, the UP Samaj Kalyan Nirman Nigam would be building the nine new courtrooms for which the estimate is Rs 235 lakh, an official said.
The residential tower for the judicial officers is to be built by the UP Jal Board with the outlay for that project pegged at Rs 46 crore.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi