People complain to Sonia about dismal power scenario in Rae Bareli
Rae Bareli: People here on Monday apprised
Congress president Sonia Gandhi of their woes, especially
dismal power situation, on the first day of her three-day
visit to her Lok Sabha constituency.
Complaining against acute power crisis and shortage of
potable water, people drew her attention towards their
problems and sought her help in resolving them.
As Gandhi`s cavalcade moved on to surprise visits of her
constituency, a group waiting for her on Saraini-Dalmau road
raised slogans against power department. As she stopped there
for a while, they apprised her of the power scenario, to which
she asked the SDM accompanying her to look into the problem.
Residents of Pureballi ka purwa, Bhairampur and Behta
Klan villages, where Gandhi paid unscheduled visit, complained
about contamination of water of the Loan river due to
affluents being discharged by tanneries in neighbouring
Unnao district. They also complained about dried hand pumps
and a road that was under-construction for past 10 years.
With majority of complaints being regarding poor supply
of electricity, Congress sources said Gandhi had called
officers of power department this evening.
Some 80 per cent complaints were about power shortage,
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani