Petrol pump manager shot at, robbed in Greater Noida
Greater Noida: A petrol pump manager going to deposit money in the bank was allegedly shot at by three bike-borne robbers, who snatched the bag carrying over Rs 14 lakh cash, and managed to flee.
The robbery took place at the petrol pump on the GT road in Chhaprola village, police said, adding that the injured manager Adesh Kumar has been admitted to a hospital where his condition is stated to be stable.
Adesh was going to the bank with salesman Sunil Kumar when three men on motorcycle stopped them, asked for the bag carrying cash and opened fired when the two resisted the robbery bid, police said.
An FIR has been lodged against unknown robbers and efforts are on to arrest them, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing the reasons behind India's poor performance in Olympic games
- DNA: Analyzing the reasons behind India's poor performance in Olympic games Part-II
- DNA: Analyzing the overburdened of heavy schoolbags on children
- DNA: Analyzing the overburdened of heavy schoolbags on children Part II
- Pakistan's attrocities on Gilgit-Baltistan to Mehbooba's hard hitting attitude on Kashmir violence
- Expect 8% GDP growth in FY17 on back of good monsoon: Shaktikanta Das
- Saarc FMs meet focused on trade, tax avoidance pacts: Das
- Centre to replace J&K governor? Five names doing rounds as his successor
- Arun Jaitley pitches for BRICS arbitration platform
- Labour Unions adamant on Sept 2 strike; Datatterya, Goyal hold meeting