PF scam: CBI withdraws cases against 18 accused
Ghaziabad: Acting on a court order, the CBI
has withdrawn cases against 18 accused in the Rs 6.58 crore
Provident Fund scam case, officials said on Tuesday.
The report of withdrawal was filed in a special CBI court
here yesterday after which judge Shyam Lal directed the agency
to withdraw the cases against all accused.
Cases were withdrawn after no charges could be proved
against the accused, who were charged in the case on grounds
of suspicion, CBI`s counsel advocate Bal Karan said.
Meanwhile, Sushma Asthana, wife of the deceased prime
accused Ashutosh Ashthana, has still not been released from
jail as the CBI has not filed a charge sheet against her so
far and her bail plea was rejected by court.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Radhe Maa dances at casino in London, claims video
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Lalu Prasad Yadav challenges Narendra Modi over 'shaitan' comment, demands PM's apology
- Ghulam Ali concert row: Subramanian Swamy hits back at Shiv Sena's critics