PF scam: CBI withdraws cases against 18 accused
Ghaziabad: Acting on a court order, the CBI
has withdrawn cases against 18 accused in the Rs 6.58 crore
Provident Fund scam case, officials said on Tuesday.
The report of withdrawal was filed in a special CBI court
here yesterday after which judge Shyam Lal directed the agency
to withdraw the cases against all accused.
Cases were withdrawn after no charges could be proved
against the accused, who were charged in the case on grounds
of suspicion, CBI`s counsel advocate Bal Karan said.
Meanwhile, Sushma Asthana, wife of the deceased prime
accused Ashutosh Ashthana, has still not been released from
jail as the CBI has not filed a charge sheet against her so
far and her bail plea was rejected by court.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Massive storm at JNU over Afzal Guru as 'anti-India' slogans raised; university orders disciplinary enquiry
- Superstar Shah Rukh Khan's CPL franchise is now Trinbago Knight Riders
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- Came to Mumbai from Pakistan to select 26/11 attack sites, David Headley tells Mumbai court
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf