PF scam: CBI withdraws cases against 18 accused
Ghaziabad: Acting on a court order, the CBI
has withdrawn cases against 18 accused in the Rs 6.58 crore
Provident Fund scam case, officials said on Tuesday.
The report of withdrawal was filed in a special CBI court
here yesterday after which judge Shyam Lal directed the agency
to withdraw the cases against all accused.
Cases were withdrawn after no charges could be proved
against the accused, who were charged in the case on grounds
of suspicion, CBI`s counsel advocate Bal Karan said.
Meanwhile, Sushma Asthana, wife of the deceased prime
accused Ashutosh Ashthana, has still not been released from
jail as the CBI has not filed a charge sheet against her so
far and her bail plea was rejected by court.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites