PF scam: CBI withdraws cases against 18 accused
Ghaziabad: Acting on a court order, the CBI
has withdrawn cases against 18 accused in the Rs 6.58 crore
Provident Fund scam case, officials said on Tuesday.
The report of withdrawal was filed in a special CBI court
here yesterday after which judge Shyam Lal directed the agency
to withdraw the cases against all accused.
Cases were withdrawn after no charges could be proved
against the accused, who were charged in the case on grounds
of suspicion, CBI`s counsel advocate Bal Karan said.
Meanwhile, Sushma Asthana, wife of the deceased prime
accused Ashutosh Ashthana, has still not been released from
jail as the CBI has not filed a charge sheet against her so
far and her bail plea was rejected by court.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over SP leader Azam Khan's controversial remark on Muslim population
- Former CM Panneerselvam demands secret voting in Tamil Nadu Assembly
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Exclusive: In conversation with Rajnath Singh, Union Home Minister
- DMK, Congress will vote against government formation in Tamil Nadu
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowance Committee likely to submit report on 20 February
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO