PF scam: CBI withdraws cases against 18 accused
Ghaziabad: Acting on a court order, the CBI
has withdrawn cases against 18 accused in the Rs 6.58 crore
Provident Fund scam case, officials said on Tuesday.
The report of withdrawal was filed in a special CBI court
here yesterday after which judge Shyam Lal directed the agency
to withdraw the cases against all accused.
Cases were withdrawn after no charges could be proved
against the accused, who were charged in the case on grounds
of suspicion, CBI`s counsel advocate Bal Karan said.
Meanwhile, Sushma Asthana, wife of the deceased prime
accused Ashutosh Ashthana, has still not been released from
jail as the CBI has not filed a charge sheet against her so
far and her bail plea was rejected by court.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani