PIL against BSP MLA for "illegal construction"
Allahabad: A Public Interest Litigation was
filed on Friday in the Allahabad High Court accusing a BSP MLA of
undertaking "illegal" construction of a college on a land he
had got recorded in his name by using his political clout.
The PIL has been filed by Bheem, a resident of Meja
tehsil in Allahabad district`s trans-Yamuna region.
The petitioner alleged Anand Kumar Pandey, alias
Collector Pandey, who represents the Karchana assembly seat,
had "got a piece of land, where a pond was situated, recorded
in his name in collusion with the Sub-Divisional Magistrate".
The petitioner alleged the ruling party MLA went on to
get a degree college constructed on the land and prayed for a
direction to the District Magistrate that the "illegal
construction be demolished and the pond be restored".
The PIL may be taken up for hearing next week.
Two other PIL`s are already pending before the High
Court. In one of the petitions, a CBI inquiry has been
demanded into the MLA`s alleged role in shielding one of his
relatives whose name had cropped up in a double murder case.
In the other PIL, installation of a statue of the MLA`s
father on a crossroad has been challenged.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal