PIL against BSP MLA for "illegal construction"
Allahabad: A Public Interest Litigation was
filed on Friday in the Allahabad High Court accusing a BSP MLA of
undertaking "illegal" construction of a college on a land he
had got recorded in his name by using his political clout.
The PIL has been filed by Bheem, a resident of Meja
tehsil in Allahabad district`s trans-Yamuna region.
The petitioner alleged Anand Kumar Pandey, alias
Collector Pandey, who represents the Karchana assembly seat,
had "got a piece of land, where a pond was situated, recorded
in his name in collusion with the Sub-Divisional Magistrate".
The petitioner alleged the ruling party MLA went on to
get a degree college constructed on the land and prayed for a
direction to the District Magistrate that the "illegal
construction be demolished and the pond be restored".
The PIL may be taken up for hearing next week.
Two other PIL`s are already pending before the High
Court. In one of the petitions, a CBI inquiry has been
demanded into the MLA`s alleged role in shielding one of his
relatives whose name had cropped up in a double murder case.
In the other PIL, installation of a statue of the MLA`s
father on a crossroad has been challenged.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- BJP can give even Dawood Ibrahim a clean chit: Digvijay Singh
- India likely to rest MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli for Zimbabwe tour
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- MEA declines information on Lalit Modi's passport issue, draws flak