PIL challenging Sonia`s election from Rae Bareli dismissed
Lucknow: The Allahabad High Court on Monday
dismissed a petition challenging the election of Congress
president Sonia Gandhi from Rae Bareli Parliamentary
The order was passed by the Lucknow bench while hearing a
petition filed by Rae Bareli resident Rakesh Singh.
The plea that the candidate is not citizen of India by
birth and hence not qualified for contesting elections is not
sustainable, Justice Satish Chandra said.
Singh in his petition had submitted that citizenship by
birth cannot be set at par with those who have got it through
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- Forest fires rage in Uttarakhand; three NDRF teams deployed
- Raids at Andhra Pradesh transport official's premises reveal assets worth Rs 800 crores
- VIDEO: Have you ever seen this side of Rohit Sharma's personality? We bet not!
- Unbelievable offer! Samsung selling smartphones for Rs 1
- Anushka Sharma's 'Sultan' teaser to be out on her birthday?