PIL seeking CBI probe into Muzaffarnagar riots filed in HC
Allahabad: A petition seeking a CBI probe into the events that led to the communal flare-up in Muzaffarnagar district of Uttar Pradesh was filed in Allahabad High Court on Tuesday.
The petitioner, Ravendra Rajoria, has alleged that the Samajwadi Party government in the state was "giving undue protection to a particular community" and that riots could have been averted by prompt police action.
In the plea, which is likely to come up for hearing later this week, the petitioner has sought to name Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav and senior cabinet minister Azam Khan as respondent parties.
- J&K: Teams named after militants in cricket tournament
- Laser walls activated along Indo-Pak border to keep vigil against terrorists
- Haji Ali Dargah row: Trupti Desai wants support of Aamir, Salman, SRK
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi
- AgustaWestland VVIP chopper scam: SC to hear plea next week on FIR against 'bribe-takers'
- Wow! KFC India to replace plastic packaging with edible bowls!
- UN blacklists Indian-flagged cargo vessel carrying Libyan oil
- One minute of intense exercise can help you stay fit!
- Don't refer Bhagat Singh, Chandra Shekhar Azad as terrorists: HRD Ministry to DU