PIL seeking CBI probe into Muzaffarnagar riots filed in HC
Allahabad: A petition seeking a CBI probe into the events that led to the communal flare-up in Muzaffarnagar district of Uttar Pradesh was filed in Allahabad High Court on Tuesday.
The petitioner, Ravendra Rajoria, has alleged that the Samajwadi Party government in the state was "giving undue protection to a particular community" and that riots could have been averted by prompt police action.
In the plea, which is likely to come up for hearing later this week, the petitioner has sought to name Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav and senior cabinet minister Azam Khan as respondent parties.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister