PIL seeking CBI probe into Muzaffarnagar riots filed in HC
Allahabad: A petition seeking a CBI probe into the events that led to the communal flare-up in Muzaffarnagar district of Uttar Pradesh was filed in Allahabad High Court on Tuesday.
The petitioner, Ravendra Rajoria, has alleged that the Samajwadi Party government in the state was "giving undue protection to a particular community" and that riots could have been averted by prompt police action.
In the plea, which is likely to come up for hearing later this week, the petitioner has sought to name Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav and senior cabinet minister Azam Khan as respondent parties.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read