PIL seeking CBI probe into Muzaffarnagar riots filed in HC
Allahabad: A petition seeking a CBI probe into the events that led to the communal flare-up in Muzaffarnagar district of Uttar Pradesh was filed in Allahabad High Court on Tuesday.
The petitioner, Ravendra Rajoria, has alleged that the Samajwadi Party government in the state was "giving undue protection to a particular community" and that riots could have been averted by prompt police action.
In the plea, which is likely to come up for hearing later this week, the petitioner has sought to name Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav and senior cabinet minister Azam Khan as respondent parties.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Parsi population dips by 18 per cent between 2001-2011
- Sebastian Vettel supports world champions Lewis Hamilton over yellow-flag row with Nico Rosberg
- Viral video: Indian girl pranks mother by saying she's lesbian, see what happens next – Must Watch
- President Pranab Mukherjee has been guardian, mentor to me: PM Modi
- Ridiculously funny video: Man shows his dance moves in middle of busy Mumbai street - Watch