PIL seeking CBI probe into Muzaffarnagar riots filed in HC
Allahabad: A petition seeking a CBI probe into the events that led to the communal flare-up in Muzaffarnagar district of Uttar Pradesh was filed in Allahabad High Court on Tuesday.
The petitioner, Ravendra Rajoria, has alleged that the Samajwadi Party government in the state was "giving undue protection to a particular community" and that riots could have been averted by prompt police action.
In the plea, which is likely to come up for hearing later this week, the petitioner has sought to name Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav and senior cabinet minister Azam Khan as respondent parties.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Australia coach Darren Lehmann backs Steve Smith's Sri Lanka series opt out
- Indonesia steps up fire response as haze blankets Singapore
- SC restrains Tamil Nadu Police from arresting Sasikala Pushpa
- Singapore's Deputy PM calls on Narendra Modi
- AIMIM to move to SC against Bombay HC verdict on allowing women entry to Haji Ali