PIL seeks CBI, ED probe against Mayawati`s brother
Allahabad: Allahabad High Court on Thursday directed a petitioner seeking investigation into real estate business transactions of a brother of former Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Mayawati to first approach the CBI and the Enforcement Directorate in this regard.
Directing the listing of the case after five weeks, a Division Bench comprising Chief Justice Shiva Kirti Singh and Justice Dilip Gupta asked petitioner Vijay Singh Yadav to file an affidavit stating the result of his representation to the two agencies.
In his PIL, Yadav had sought probe by the CBI and the ED into alleged misuse of government machinery in floating of as many as 49 real estate firms said to be owned by Mayawati`s brother Anand Kumar.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russian MP dies while ‘having sex’ inside car - Read
- Modi govt 'promoting Brahmanism' in the name of 'Hindu Rashtravad': Arundhati Roy
- Ban on Salman Rushdie's 'The Satanic Verses' by Rajiv Gandhi govt was a mistake: P Chidambaram