PIL seeks CBI, ED probe against Mayawati`s brother
Allahabad: Allahabad High Court on Thursday directed a petitioner seeking investigation into real estate business transactions of a brother of former Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Mayawati to first approach the CBI and the Enforcement Directorate in this regard.
Directing the listing of the case after five weeks, a Division Bench comprising Chief Justice Shiva Kirti Singh and Justice Dilip Gupta asked petitioner Vijay Singh Yadav to file an affidavit stating the result of his representation to the two agencies.
In his PIL, Yadav had sought probe by the CBI and the ED into alleged misuse of government machinery in floating of as many as 49 real estate firms said to be owned by Mayawati`s brother Anand Kumar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Gurdaspur terror attack- As it happened
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?