PIL seeks CBI, ED probe against Mayawati`s brother
Allahabad: Allahabad High Court on Thursday directed a petitioner seeking investigation into real estate business transactions of a brother of former Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Mayawati to first approach the CBI and the Enforcement Directorate in this regard.
Directing the listing of the case after five weeks, a Division Bench comprising Chief Justice Shiva Kirti Singh and Justice Dilip Gupta asked petitioner Vijay Singh Yadav to file an affidavit stating the result of his representation to the two agencies.
In his PIL, Yadav had sought probe by the CBI and the ED into alleged misuse of government machinery in floating of as many as 49 real estate firms said to be owned by Mayawati`s brother Anand Kumar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Robert Vadra explains Facebook post, denies insulting Parliament
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- 14-year-old pregnant rape survivor allowed abortion by Supreme Court
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!