Pilgrim killed in mishap in Lakhimpur
Lakhimpur: A `kanwaria` was Thursday killed after after being hit by a tractor-trolley, triggering protests by a group of devotees who set the vehicle on fire and staged demonstrations.
Bholey (55), who was going to Gola along with hundreds of kanwariyas (devotees of Lord Shiva), to offer ganga water was hit by the brick-laden tractor trolley near Khaiya village, police said.
Enraged over the incident, the kanwariyas travelling in the group held demonstration on the busy road and did not allow any vehicle to pass from there, police said.
Some of the demonstrators set the tractor-trolley on fire, it said.
Additional SP B B Singh and police officers from various police stations rushed to the spot and tried to pacify them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read