Plan panel approves UP`s Rs 57,800 cr outlay for 2012-13
New Delhi: The Planning Commission on Wednesday approved Uttar Pradesh`s annual Plan of Rs 57,800 crore for 2012-13, including Rs 800 crore central assistance for Kumbh Mela.
The annual outlay for the state was finalised here at a meeting between Planning Commission Deputy Chairman Montek Singh Ahluwalia and state Chief Minister of Akhilesh Yadav.
Expressing satisfaction over the approved outlay for the state, Yadav said it is a very good start.
During the meeting, Yadav said, "To achieve the targeted growth of 10 per cent in the terminal year of the 12th Plan (2012-17), an investment of Rs 16.70 lakh crore will be required, out of which Rs 4.86 lakh crore will be in public sector and Rs 11.84 lakh crore in private sector."
After the meeting, Ahluwalia said, "Rs 800 crore has been approved by the Commission for Kumbh Mela, which is in addition to the Rs 57,000 crore outlay for the state in 2012-13."
The Commission had approved an outlay of Rs 47,000 crore in the previous fiscal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16