Plan panel approves UP`s Rs 57,800 cr outlay for 2012-13
New Delhi: The Planning Commission on Wednesday approved Uttar Pradesh`s annual Plan of Rs 57,800 crore for 2012-13, including Rs 800 crore central assistance for Kumbh Mela.
The annual outlay for the state was finalised here at a meeting between Planning Commission Deputy Chairman Montek Singh Ahluwalia and state Chief Minister of Akhilesh Yadav.
Expressing satisfaction over the approved outlay for the state, Yadav said it is a very good start.
During the meeting, Yadav said, "To achieve the targeted growth of 10 per cent in the terminal year of the 12th Plan (2012-17), an investment of Rs 16.70 lakh crore will be required, out of which Rs 4.86 lakh crore will be in public sector and Rs 11.84 lakh crore in private sector."
After the meeting, Ahluwalia said, "Rs 800 crore has been approved by the Commission for Kumbh Mela, which is in addition to the Rs 57,000 crore outlay for the state in 2012-13."
The Commission had approved an outlay of Rs 47,000 crore in the previous fiscal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- BSF cancels beating the retreat ceremony at Wagah post surgical strikes
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’