Plan panel approves UP`s Rs 57,800 cr outlay for 2012-13
New Delhi: The Planning Commission on Wednesday approved Uttar Pradesh`s annual Plan of Rs 57,800 crore for 2012-13, including Rs 800 crore central assistance for Kumbh Mela.
The annual outlay for the state was finalised here at a meeting between Planning Commission Deputy Chairman Montek Singh Ahluwalia and state Chief Minister of Akhilesh Yadav.
Expressing satisfaction over the approved outlay for the state, Yadav said it is a very good start.
During the meeting, Yadav said, "To achieve the targeted growth of 10 per cent in the terminal year of the 12th Plan (2012-17), an investment of Rs 16.70 lakh crore will be required, out of which Rs 4.86 lakh crore will be in public sector and Rs 11.84 lakh crore in private sector."
After the meeting, Ahluwalia said, "Rs 800 crore has been approved by the Commission for Kumbh Mela, which is in addition to the Rs 57,000 crore outlay for the state in 2012-13."
The Commission had approved an outlay of Rs 47,000 crore in the previous fiscal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mumbai: Police arrests 4 schoolboys for raping classmate
- Haryana minister Anil Vij gets into spat with Fatehabad SP Sangeeta Kalia
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's full speech in Parliament
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's controversial statement on PoK
- DNA: Heart-wrenching stories of Kashmiri pandits
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's speech in Parliament on Constitution debate
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- ISL 2015: NorthEast United FC vs Delhi Dynamos - Preview