Plan panel approves UP`s Rs 57,800 cr outlay for 2012-13
New Delhi: The Planning Commission on Wednesday approved Uttar Pradesh`s annual Plan of Rs 57,800 crore for 2012-13, including Rs 800 crore central assistance for Kumbh Mela.
The annual outlay for the state was finalised here at a meeting between Planning Commission Deputy Chairman Montek Singh Ahluwalia and state Chief Minister of Akhilesh Yadav.
Expressing satisfaction over the approved outlay for the state, Yadav said it is a very good start.
During the meeting, Yadav said, "To achieve the targeted growth of 10 per cent in the terminal year of the 12th Plan (2012-17), an investment of Rs 16.70 lakh crore will be required, out of which Rs 4.86 lakh crore will be in public sector and Rs 11.84 lakh crore in private sector."
After the meeting, Ahluwalia said, "Rs 800 crore has been approved by the Commission for Kumbh Mela, which is in addition to the Rs 57,000 crore outlay for the state in 2012-13."
The Commission had approved an outlay of Rs 47,000 crore in the previous fiscal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested