Plane crash case: Court issues summons against Raja Bhaiyya
Pratapgarh: A local court has issued summons to controversial independent MLA Raghuraj Pratap Singh alias Raja Bhaiyya and two others in a case in which the
former UP minister was accused of flying a two-seater plane without a license which crash-landed here last year.
"On the basis of a chargesheet filed by police, the court has directed Kunda MLA, Raja Bhaiyya, Zulfiqar Ali Bhutto and pilot Captain Ramesh chandra Ramnani to appear in
person before it on July 3," prosecution sources said.
Raja Bhaiyya and two others had a close shave on the evening of March 22 last year after the private `microlite` aircraft they were flying crashed on the banks of Chausa river
in Dheemi village of Pratapgarh district.
Raja Bhaiyya and the pilot sustained serious injuries in the accident.
It was alleged that Raja Bhaiyya was flying the
aircraft at the time of the crash.
Later an FIR was lodged at Hathgawan police station
against Raja Bhaiyya, Zulfiqar and Capt Ramnani under Section
2/3 of the Aircraft Act 1934 and Sections 279, 338, 201 of the
IPC. The sections cover charges of flying an aircraft without
a licence, flying in a prohibited area, not informing ATC
before flying and causing danger to public by flying without a
Director (Safety), Civil Aviation Department, Ramnath
also probed into the incident.
The investigating officer recently filed a chargesheet
against the three accused in the court, the sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack