Plane skids off runway; close shave for UP minister
New Delhi: Uttar Pradesh Public Works Department (PWD) Minister Shivpal Yadav on Saturday had a miraculous escape when a small plane carrying him skidded off the runway after landing at the IGI airport here.
The incident took place at around 12 noon when the plane skidded off the runway after landing and the nose-wheel got stuck in mud, airport sources said.
The plane with six people onboard, including Yadav and two pilots, was coming from Lucknow.
The minister and his co-passengers were taken to the medical facility at the airport where they underwent treatment for minor injuries, the sources said.
The aircraft is owned by the Uttar Pradesh government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Jaya and Amitabh Bachchan living separately: Amar Singh makes shocking revelations