Plea seeks registration of case against Rahul on RSS remark
Lakhimpur Kheri: A plea was on Wednesday filed in a court here seeking registration of an FIR against Rahul Gandhi for alleged defamation for his remarks holding RSS responsible for Mahatma Gandhi`s killing.
Chief Judicial Magistrate P Shrivastav fixed April 4 for taking up the matter.
Lawyer Shanu Shukla approached the court with the plea to register a case against the Congress Vice President under Sections 499 and 500 (defamation) of the IPC for his March 6 address in Maharashtra.
"His statement had hurt the feelings and sentiments of those like me, who have deep faith in RSS," Shukla said, adding that various inquiries and commissions have found no role of RSS in Mahatma Gandhi`s killing.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- PM Narendra Modi's gift on Maha Shivaratari: A 112-foot face of Lord Shiva - Read details