Plea seeks registration of case against Rahul on RSS remark
Lakhimpur Kheri: A plea was on Wednesday filed in a court here seeking registration of an FIR against Rahul Gandhi for alleged defamation for his remarks holding RSS responsible for Mahatma Gandhi`s killing.
Chief Judicial Magistrate P Shrivastav fixed April 4 for taking up the matter.
Lawyer Shanu Shukla approached the court with the plea to register a case against the Congress Vice President under Sections 499 and 500 (defamation) of the IPC for his March 6 address in Maharashtra.
"His statement had hurt the feelings and sentiments of those like me, who have deep faith in RSS," Shukla said, adding that various inquiries and commissions have found no role of RSS in Mahatma Gandhi`s killing.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video