Pleasant morning in Lucknow, Monsoon on schedule
Lucknow: The residents of Uttar Pradesh capital Lucknow woke up to a cloudy and pleasant morning on Tuesday with the temperature dropping to 24 degrees Celsius - four degrees below normal. The local weather office said the Monsoon would arrive in the state on time.
While it drizzled in some parts of the state through the night, the regional meteorological centre has forecast a cloudy day ahead with rains in some areas.
"As of now, the Monsoon is advancing normally," JP Gupta, director of the regional meteorological centre here, said.
"If no regional disturbance interferes with the onset of Monsoon, it will hit Uttar Pradesh anytime next week," Gupta said.
The state capital is likely to receive pre-Monsoon showers as the humidity and day temperature levels move up, he added.
The humidity in the state has been hovering between 85-90 percent, while the day temperatures have remained in the 44-45 degrees Celsius range in the last few days.
Monday`s maximum temperature in Lucknow was a notch below average at 38.7 degrees Celsius, while the minimum settled at 26.6 degrees Celsius - normal for this time of the year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- Report of a taxi driver who lends helping hand to patients in Mumbai
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog