Pleasant morning in Lucknow, Monsoon on schedule
Lucknow: The residents of Uttar Pradesh capital Lucknow woke up to a cloudy and pleasant morning on Tuesday with the temperature dropping to 24 degrees Celsius - four degrees below normal. The local weather office said the Monsoon would arrive in the state on time.
While it drizzled in some parts of the state through the night, the regional meteorological centre has forecast a cloudy day ahead with rains in some areas.
"As of now, the Monsoon is advancing normally," JP Gupta, director of the regional meteorological centre here, said.
"If no regional disturbance interferes with the onset of Monsoon, it will hit Uttar Pradesh anytime next week," Gupta said.
The state capital is likely to receive pre-Monsoon showers as the humidity and day temperature levels move up, he added.
The humidity in the state has been hovering between 85-90 percent, while the day temperatures have remained in the 44-45 degrees Celsius range in the last few days.
Monday`s maximum temperature in Lucknow was a notch below average at 38.7 degrees Celsius, while the minimum settled at 26.6 degrees Celsius - normal for this time of the year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Dadri lynching: Rahul Gandhi reaches Dadri, meets victim Iqlakh's family
- Dadri lynching: Prime accused's father refutes allegations; says son is innocent
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Russia bombs ISIS headquarters in Syria, video goes viral on internet - Watch
- In Pics: Indian Super League 2015 opening ceremony!