Pleasant morning in Lucknow, Monsoon on schedule
Lucknow: The residents of Uttar Pradesh capital Lucknow woke up to a cloudy and pleasant morning on Tuesday with the temperature dropping to 24 degrees Celsius - four degrees below normal. The local weather office said the Monsoon would arrive in the state on time.
While it drizzled in some parts of the state through the night, the regional meteorological centre has forecast a cloudy day ahead with rains in some areas.
"As of now, the Monsoon is advancing normally," JP Gupta, director of the regional meteorological centre here, said.
"If no regional disturbance interferes with the onset of Monsoon, it will hit Uttar Pradesh anytime next week," Gupta said.
The state capital is likely to receive pre-Monsoon showers as the humidity and day temperature levels move up, he added.
The humidity in the state has been hovering between 85-90 percent, while the day temperatures have remained in the 44-45 degrees Celsius range in the last few days.
Monday`s maximum temperature in Lucknow was a notch below average at 38.7 degrees Celsius, while the minimum settled at 26.6 degrees Celsius - normal for this time of the year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you