Pleasant morning in Lucknow, Monsoon on schedule
Lucknow: The residents of Uttar Pradesh capital Lucknow woke up to a cloudy and pleasant morning on Tuesday with the temperature dropping to 24 degrees Celsius - four degrees below normal. The local weather office said the Monsoon would arrive in the state on time.
While it drizzled in some parts of the state through the night, the regional meteorological centre has forecast a cloudy day ahead with rains in some areas.
"As of now, the Monsoon is advancing normally," JP Gupta, director of the regional meteorological centre here, said.
"If no regional disturbance interferes with the onset of Monsoon, it will hit Uttar Pradesh anytime next week," Gupta said.
The state capital is likely to receive pre-Monsoon showers as the humidity and day temperature levels move up, he added.
The humidity in the state has been hovering between 85-90 percent, while the day temperatures have remained in the 44-45 degrees Celsius range in the last few days.
Monday`s maximum temperature in Lucknow was a notch below average at 38.7 degrees Celsius, while the minimum settled at 26.6 degrees Celsius - normal for this time of the year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued