Pleasant weather continues in Uttar Pradesh
Lucknow: People across Uttar Pradesh experienced yet another pleasant day as rains continued in most of the regions Monday, bringing the temperature below the normal level.
The Met Office has already confirmed the arrival of monsoon. It said more rains may occur in many parts of the state for the next few days.
The schools reopened after a two-month-long summer break in Lucknow.
Lucknow received more than 27 mm rainfall since Sunday as a result the temperature plummeted by 7.4 degrees Celsius Monday, said a Met official.
Electricity supply to Lucknow has also improved as demand that had peeked in the past few weeks had come down, officials said.
"There were only minor faults in it and power supply remained by and large good," a power corporation official told IANS.
All the parks in the city were full Sunday and people were spotted dancing in the rain.
Monsoon was expected to arrive in Uttar Pradesh by June 16 but was delayed by a fortnight.
"Heavy to moderate rains will continue for the next two days before it takes a break again for a few days," said J.P. Gupta, regional met director.
Rains may occur in full force July 11 and 12. The sky will remain cloudy in between and temperature would be down, he said.
Meanwhile, Bahraich recorded 64.4 mm of rainfall since Sunday. Basti received 46.2 mm of rains, Kanpur 15.4 mm and Rae Bareli 290.2 mm, which is among the highest in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31