Pleasant weather continues in Uttar Pradesh
Lucknow: People across Uttar Pradesh experienced yet another pleasant day as rains continued in most of the regions Monday, bringing the temperature below the normal level.
The Met Office has already confirmed the arrival of monsoon. It said more rains may occur in many parts of the state for the next few days.
The schools reopened after a two-month-long summer break in Lucknow.
Lucknow received more than 27 mm rainfall since Sunday as a result the temperature plummeted by 7.4 degrees Celsius Monday, said a Met official.
Electricity supply to Lucknow has also improved as demand that had peeked in the past few weeks had come down, officials said.
"There were only minor faults in it and power supply remained by and large good," a power corporation official told IANS.
All the parks in the city were full Sunday and people were spotted dancing in the rain.
Monsoon was expected to arrive in Uttar Pradesh by June 16 but was delayed by a fortnight.
"Heavy to moderate rains will continue for the next two days before it takes a break again for a few days," said J.P. Gupta, regional met director.
Rains may occur in full force July 11 and 12. The sky will remain cloudy in between and temperature would be down, he said.
Meanwhile, Bahraich recorded 64.4 mm of rainfall since Sunday. Basti received 46.2 mm of rains, Kanpur 15.4 mm and Rae Bareli 290.2 mm, which is among the highest in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Panel discussion on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- What Yakub Memon did in minutes before being hanged
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet