PM shielding ministers: Rajnath Singh
Lucknow: Attacking Manmohan Singh, senior
BJP leader Rajnath Singh on Sunday said the Prime Minister, who
once declared that he was committed to check corruption, was
now shielding his ministers.
"On completing two years in office the PM had said he
was committed to check corruption, but now he is saying he is
committed to save his ministers," he told a function here.
"What an irony? How corruption will be curbed in this
way? asked the former BJP president.
He said unemployment was mainly due to those who kept
Mahatma Gandhi`s name with them but forgot his concept of gram
swaraj, language and cottage industry.
"If unemployment in villages is to be checked then
Gandhi`s vision of gramudyog has to be realised," he said.
The BJP leader said dominance of English as a language
had created a serious problem.
"I am not against the language, but making it a medium of
education has created problem as it tends to create
inferiority complex in the Indian education system," he said.
Singh demanded that irrespective of the social status
all children should study in same primary schools up to class
five and teaching medium should be Indian languages.
He alleged that Congress, which ruled the country for 54
years, was the root cause of all problems.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter