Police announce Rs 5,000 reward for info on woman`s attackers
Meerut: Police Monday announced a reward of Rs 5,000 for any information leading to the arrest of the two absconding accused in connection with the incident where a woman took on a group of attackers singlehandedly on a busy street here after they attacked her husband.
SSP Omkar Singh said police today started the legal process to procure non-bailable arrest warrants against the two absconding accused--Gagan Siwach and Shadif-- from a court.
The SSP also said that the accused have been declared absconders and a reward of Rs 5,000 each will be given for providing any information leading to the arrest of the two.
He said on a complaint filed by the woman Mamata Yadav, a case had been registered against Gagan, Shadif and Ankit.
Ankit has already been arrested.
Accusing police of dilly-dallying in acting against the accused, Mamata had yesterday threatened to commit suicide if she did not get justice.
She had said her family was "living in fear" as only one of the accused has been nabbed till now now since the incident occurred on Tuesday and alleged that the police were harassing her and not taking action against the culprits due to their proximity with a Samajawadi Party leader.
In a display of courage, Mamata had taken on a group of attackers as they assaulted her husband after hitting the couple`s bike with their car at `kacheri pul` area while no one came forward to help her.
According to her, the youths who were in the car alighted and started assaulting her husband following which she tried to resist the attackers by showering them with blows.
Mamata had said she and her husband sought help from the people present at the scene but no one came forward.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- Delhi: Car catches fire after crash, one dead
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- Don't know what will happen to my career, says Ranbir Kapoor
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- Manohar Parrikar meets troops at Siachen base camp
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- British tourist masturbated at in Mumbai; Indian men apologise
- After land bill, net neutrality, Rahul Gandhi to fight for ex-servicemen now