Police announce Rs 5,000 reward for info on woman`s attackers
Meerut: Police Monday announced a reward of Rs 5,000 for any information leading to the arrest of the two absconding accused in connection with the incident where a woman took on a group of attackers singlehandedly on a busy street here after they attacked her husband.
SSP Omkar Singh said police today started the legal process to procure non-bailable arrest warrants against the two absconding accused--Gagan Siwach and Shadif-- from a court.
The SSP also said that the accused have been declared absconders and a reward of Rs 5,000 each will be given for providing any information leading to the arrest of the two.
He said on a complaint filed by the woman Mamata Yadav, a case had been registered against Gagan, Shadif and Ankit.
Ankit has already been arrested.
Accusing police of dilly-dallying in acting against the accused, Mamata had yesterday threatened to commit suicide if she did not get justice.
She had said her family was "living in fear" as only one of the accused has been nabbed till now now since the incident occurred on Tuesday and alleged that the police were harassing her and not taking action against the culprits due to their proximity with a Samajawadi Party leader.
In a display of courage, Mamata had taken on a group of attackers as they assaulted her husband after hitting the couple`s bike with their car at `kacheri pul` area while no one came forward to help her.
According to her, the youths who were in the car alighted and started assaulting her husband following which she tried to resist the attackers by showering them with blows.
Mamata had said she and her husband sought help from the people present at the scene but no one came forward.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof