Police announces reward on wanted Panchayat member
Ghaziabad: Police here has announced a
reward of Rs 5,000 on absconding district panchayat member
Deepa Tyagi who has been wanted for blackening the face of a
senior government official.
On September 1, Tyagi and her supporters reached the Kavi
Nagar-based office of Additional Chief Executive Officer
Aditya Kumar and blackened his face for his alleged apathetic
approach towards development projects of the area.
SSP Raghubir Lal also directed the police for initiating
legal action of attachment of Tyagi`s properties through court
to ensure her speedy arrest.
Meanwhile, Zila Panchayat staff and officers continued to
stage protests outside the office demanding registration of a
case against Kumar for allegedly being involved in corruption.
The issue has taken a political turn with Lok Dal also
jumping into the fray threatening to go on agitation if no
action was taken against the allegedly-tainted official soon.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state