Police announces reward on wanted Panchayat member
Ghaziabad: Police here has announced a
reward of Rs 5,000 on absconding district panchayat member
Deepa Tyagi who has been wanted for blackening the face of a
senior government official.
On September 1, Tyagi and her supporters reached the Kavi
Nagar-based office of Additional Chief Executive Officer
Aditya Kumar and blackened his face for his alleged apathetic
approach towards development projects of the area.
SSP Raghubir Lal also directed the police for initiating
legal action of attachment of Tyagi`s properties through court
to ensure her speedy arrest.
Meanwhile, Zila Panchayat staff and officers continued to
stage protests outside the office demanding registration of a
case against Kumar for allegedly being involved in corruption.
The issue has taken a political turn with Lok Dal also
jumping into the fray threatening to go on agitation if no
action was taken against the allegedly-tainted official soon.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog
- Yuvraj Singh trolls R Ashwin for photobombing his picture with Virat Kohli – See pic!