Police announces reward on wanted Panchayat member
Ghaziabad: Police here has announced a
reward of Rs 5,000 on absconding district panchayat member
Deepa Tyagi who has been wanted for blackening the face of a
senior government official.
On September 1, Tyagi and her supporters reached the Kavi
Nagar-based office of Additional Chief Executive Officer
Aditya Kumar and blackened his face for his alleged apathetic
approach towards development projects of the area.
SSP Raghubir Lal also directed the police for initiating
legal action of attachment of Tyagi`s properties through court
to ensure her speedy arrest.
Meanwhile, Zila Panchayat staff and officers continued to
stage protests outside the office demanding registration of a
case against Kumar for allegedly being involved in corruption.
The issue has taken a political turn with Lok Dal also
jumping into the fray threatening to go on agitation if no
action was taken against the allegedly-tainted official soon.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand