Police arrest nephew for murder of scion of Siswa estate
Gorakhpur (UP): Police on Sunday claimed to
have solved the murder case of the scion of erstwhile Siswa
estate Devendra Singh, following the arrest of his nephew who
allegedly hired killers for Rs 20 lakh.
Thakur Manvendra Singh, elder brother of former state
minister Shivendra Singh, allegedly plotted to get his uncle
Devendra Singh murdered on January 20 following a family feud
over `benami` property, police said.
Police have arrested one of the contract killers Afzal
while his accomplice Parvez is still at large, DIG Aseem Arun
Five people have so far been arrested in the case, he
said, adding that Afzal was arrested on Friday from Gorakhpur
Several articles which were looted from Devendra were
recovered from the arrested persons including a mobile and a
chain, the police claimed.
Shivendra Singh accused the police of implicating his
brother in a false case as they were unable to arrest real
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- WOAH! Cristiano Ronaldo opens own 'CR7' hotel, gives name to airport
- Usain Bolt eases to victory, Kendra Harrison hurdles to glory
- Oil dives 2%, heads for weekly loss as US rigs rise
- German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at Munich shopping mall; police say he acted alone
- Body unnoticed in Australian fast-food outlet for days