Police arrest nephew for murder of scion of Siswa estate
Gorakhpur (UP): Police on Sunday claimed to
have solved the murder case of the scion of erstwhile Siswa
estate Devendra Singh, following the arrest of his nephew who
allegedly hired killers for Rs 20 lakh.
Thakur Manvendra Singh, elder brother of former state
minister Shivendra Singh, allegedly plotted to get his uncle
Devendra Singh murdered on January 20 following a family feud
over `benami` property, police said.
Police have arrested one of the contract killers Afzal
while his accomplice Parvez is still at large, DIG Aseem Arun
Five people have so far been arrested in the case, he
said, adding that Afzal was arrested on Friday from Gorakhpur
Several articles which were looted from Devendra were
recovered from the arrested persons including a mobile and a
chain, the police claimed.
Shivendra Singh accused the police of implicating his
brother in a false case as they were unable to arrest real
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living