Police bust online sex racket, arrest 10
Kanpur: An online sex racket was busted by police with the arrest of ten persons, including a call girl of foreign origin, in three separate raids the city.
The raids were carried out last night in Kidwai Nagar, Keshav Nagar and Shyam Nagar areas and cash worth over Rs 14 lakh, besides adult DVDs, a laptop, and smart phones were recovered from there, SSP Yashaswi Yadav said.
The arrested call girls have claimed their customers included some public figures and influential personalities of the city, Yadav said.
Explaining its modus-operandi, Yadav said the racket members would attract customers by putting out advertisements on their website.
A police team laid a trap and sent an official as a dummy customer to bust the racket, he said.
The arrested persons have been booked under the Prevention of Immoral Trafficking Act, he said, adding the identity of the foreigner is being established.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nitish suspends Cabinet Minister Kushwaha over alleged sting operation
- Watch: PM Modi delivers speech at Mumbai Metro Phase-II inauguration
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Panel discussion on the controversial sacking of Asim Ahmed Khan from AAP
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- India planning to buy Russian S-400 Triumf air defence missile systems: Report
- How Twitteratis reacted to PM Modi calling Prakash Singh Badal 'Nelson Mandela'
- Watch: How smartly this woman steals smartphone, walks away with it
- India vs South Africa: MS Dhoni disappointed about 'gamble' not paying off