Police complaint against Varun Gandhi in UP
Pilibhit (UP): A police complaint was on Friday
lodged against Varun Gandhi by a panchayat member, who accused
the BJP MP of manhandling him as he protested "lack of
development" in the area.
The incident took place in Gabia Sahrai village in the
district this afternoon when Varun, the local MP, was holding
a meeting there, police said.
During the meeting, a panchayat member, Sanjay Biswas,
engaged in a heated debate with the parliamentarian over
alleged lack of development in the area. He reached the dais
and started shouting slogans following which BJP workers took
him away, they said.
Later, Biswas lodged a complaint at Madhav Tanda police
station alleging that Varun had manhandled him for raising the
issue, a police official said, adding the matter was being
However, the BJP workers have termed the incident as
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed