Police complaint against Varun Gandhi in UP
Pilibhit (UP): A police complaint was on Friday
lodged against Varun Gandhi by a panchayat member, who accused
the BJP MP of manhandling him as he protested "lack of
development" in the area.
The incident took place in Gabia Sahrai village in the
district this afternoon when Varun, the local MP, was holding
a meeting there, police said.
During the meeting, a panchayat member, Sanjay Biswas,
engaged in a heated debate with the parliamentarian over
alleged lack of development in the area. He reached the dais
and started shouting slogans following which BJP workers took
him away, they said.
Later, Biswas lodged a complaint at Madhav Tanda police
station alleging that Varun had manhandled him for raising the
issue, a police official said, adding the matter was being
However, the BJP workers have termed the incident as
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore