Police complaint against Varun Gandhi in UP
Pilibhit (UP): A police complaint was on Friday
lodged against Varun Gandhi by a panchayat member, who accused
the BJP MP of manhandling him as he protested "lack of
development" in the area.
The incident took place in Gabia Sahrai village in the
district this afternoon when Varun, the local MP, was holding
a meeting there, police said.
During the meeting, a panchayat member, Sanjay Biswas,
engaged in a heated debate with the parliamentarian over
alleged lack of development in the area. He reached the dais
and started shouting slogans following which BJP workers took
him away, they said.
Later, Biswas lodged a complaint at Madhav Tanda police
station alleging that Varun had manhandled him for raising the
issue, a police official said, adding the matter was being
However, the BJP workers have termed the incident as
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal