Police encounter: Four dacoits killed near MP-UP
Satna (MP): Four dacoits of `Raja gang` were killed on Thursday in an encounter at a spot near the Uttar Pradesh -Madhya Pradesh border, about 85 km from here, police said.
Five others managed to escape from the encounter site that falls under the jurisdiction of Warodha police station, they said.
The gang, on June 1, had kidnapped businessman Dhirendra Sahu and demanded a ransom of Rs six lakhs.
Acting on a tip-off, police surrounded the gang near the MP-UP border.
The dacoits allegedly refused to surrender and fired upon the police, who retaliated. Some of the slain dacoits hailed from Chitrakoot.
Two rifles, two country-made pistols and 40 live cartridges were recovered from the encounter site, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Virat Kohli: Amid break-up rumors, cricketer spends time with most beautiful woman
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery