Police encounter: Four dacoits killed near MP-UP
Satna (MP): Four dacoits of `Raja gang` were killed on Thursday in an encounter at a spot near the Uttar Pradesh -Madhya Pradesh border, about 85 km from here, police said.
Five others managed to escape from the encounter site that falls under the jurisdiction of Warodha police station, they said.
The gang, on June 1, had kidnapped businessman Dhirendra Sahu and demanded a ransom of Rs six lakhs.
Acting on a tip-off, police surrounded the gang near the MP-UP border.
The dacoits allegedly refused to surrender and fired upon the police, who retaliated. Some of the slain dacoits hailed from Chitrakoot.
Two rifles, two country-made pistols and 40 live cartridges were recovered from the encounter site, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- 'Selfie with daughter' controversy: Bollywood supports Shruti Seth