Police encounter: Four dacoits killed near MP-UP
Satna (MP): Four dacoits of `Raja gang` were killed on Thursday in an encounter at a spot near the Uttar Pradesh -Madhya Pradesh border, about 85 km from here, police said.
Five others managed to escape from the encounter site that falls under the jurisdiction of Warodha police station, they said.
The gang, on June 1, had kidnapped businessman Dhirendra Sahu and demanded a ransom of Rs six lakhs.
Acting on a tip-off, police surrounded the gang near the MP-UP border.
The dacoits allegedly refused to surrender and fired upon the police, who retaliated. Some of the slain dacoits hailed from Chitrakoot.
Two rifles, two country-made pistols and 40 live cartridges were recovered from the encounter site, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof