Police inspector arrested for molesting woman in Kanpur
Kanpur: A police inspector has been arrested for allegedly molesting a woman during a train journey, railway police said on Tuesday.
The accused identified as JP Solanki was recently transferred here and he was travelling from Etawaha to Kanpur in Kota-Patna express last night.
A female fellow passenger complained to the coach conductor around midnight alleging that the accused had molested her, railway police spokesperson said.
The coach conductor further informed the GRP personnel posted at Central railway station, following which Solanki was arrested, he said adding, further investigations are on in the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Chhota Rajan faces death threat from Chhota Shakeel while in Tihar
- World's largest telescope may be set up in Ladakh
- Top quotes by PM Narendra Modi at launch of free LPG scheme for poor families
- Three Turkish soldiers killed, 14 wounded in PKK attack: Army
- Iran President Hassan Rouhani welcomes parliamentary results