Police Inspector beat up Dalit woman; services terminated
Lucknow: The Uttar Pradesh government on Thursday
terminated the services of a police inspector, who beat up a
Dalit woman accused of murdering her husband in Musafirkhana
area of Sultanpur district, a senior official said here.
Kailashnath Dwiwedi was earlier put under suspension
after he beat up the Dalit woman yesterday.
"Station incharge of Musafirkhana, Kailashnath Dwiwedi,
has been dismissed from the services for manhandling and
assaulting Sangeeta, who was arrested on charges of killing
her husband, during police custody," Principal Secretary
(Home) Fatesh Bahadur Singh told reporters here.
Singh said Sangeeta had on Tuesday night strangulated her
husband Deepak Kumar alias Deepu in Maniyari village.
He also said that during press briefing the inspector had
After the incident at Manyari village in Aliganj area
here came to the fore, Dwiwedi was suspended by Sultanpur
Superintendent of Police and an inquiry was ordered against
him, he said.
Singh said that keeping in mind the gravity of the
incident, the government has decided to terminate Dwivedi`s
services with immediate effect.
The incident occurred yesterday after one Deepak Kumar
was found strangulated following which his mother lodged an
FIR and the police started looking for his wife Sangeeta.
The woman was rounded up after some time and she
confessed to the crime, Sultanpur SP Satyendra Veer Singh
Cong slams Mayawati
"It is very unfortunate incident, particularly when
the Chief Minister herself is a Dalit woman in the state. This
puts a question mark on the claims of Mayawati about Dalit
welfare," Congress spokesperson Shakeel Ahmed said about the incident.
"No civil society can accept this type of behaviour on
the part of government officials."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan