Police inspector shoots himself dead in UP
Moradabad(UP): A police inspector on Wednesday allegedly committed suicide by shooting himself in head with
his service revolver in Civil Lines area of the city, police
Rakesh Malik, 53, who was posted at BR Ambedkar police
academy here, allegedly shot himself with his 9 mm service
pistol inside his academy flat.
Prima facie it is a case of suicide as pistol was found
in the right hand of Malik, said Narendra Kumar Srivastava,
DIG police Moradabad range.
Malik, who was a resident of Budhana area of Meerut, was
posted at the academy as a reserve inspector, police said.
This morning when he did not report to work, we went to
his flat and found him in a pool of blood, police said.
We are investigating the case and also the reason behind
his extreme step, the DIG said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan