Police inspector shoots himself dead in UP
Moradabad(UP): A police inspector on Wednesday allegedly committed suicide by shooting himself in head with
his service revolver in Civil Lines area of the city, police
Rakesh Malik, 53, who was posted at BR Ambedkar police
academy here, allegedly shot himself with his 9 mm service
pistol inside his academy flat.
Prima facie it is a case of suicide as pistol was found
in the right hand of Malik, said Narendra Kumar Srivastava,
DIG police Moradabad range.
Malik, who was a resident of Budhana area of Meerut, was
posted at the academy as a reserve inspector, police said.
This morning when he did not report to work, we went to
his flat and found him in a pool of blood, police said.
We are investigating the case and also the reason behind
his extreme step, the DIG said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- One killed, 30 wounded by explosions in southern Thailand – police
- Iraq summons its envoy to Portugal over teenager assault
- Cara Delevingne, Amber Heard turned away from strip club
- Obama promises aid to help Louisiana fully recover from flooding
- US investigating non-travel Zika case in new area in Florida