Police inspector shoots himself dead in UP
Moradabad(UP): A police inspector on Wednesday allegedly committed suicide by shooting himself in head with
his service revolver in Civil Lines area of the city, police
Rakesh Malik, 53, who was posted at BR Ambedkar police
academy here, allegedly shot himself with his 9 mm service
pistol inside his academy flat.
Prima facie it is a case of suicide as pistol was found
in the right hand of Malik, said Narendra Kumar Srivastava,
DIG police Moradabad range.
Malik, who was a resident of Budhana area of Meerut, was
posted at the academy as a reserve inspector, police said.
This morning when he did not report to work, we went to
his flat and found him in a pool of blood, police said.
We are investigating the case and also the reason behind
his extreme step, the DIG said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference