Police inspector shoots himself dead in UP
Moradabad(UP): A police inspector on Wednesday allegedly committed suicide by shooting himself in head with
his service revolver in Civil Lines area of the city, police
Rakesh Malik, 53, who was posted at BR Ambedkar police
academy here, allegedly shot himself with his 9 mm service
pistol inside his academy flat.
Prima facie it is a case of suicide as pistol was found
in the right hand of Malik, said Narendra Kumar Srivastava,
DIG police Moradabad range.
Malik, who was a resident of Budhana area of Meerut, was
posted at the academy as a reserve inspector, police said.
This morning when he did not report to work, we went to
his flat and found him in a pool of blood, police said.
We are investigating the case and also the reason behind
his extreme step, the DIG said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Airtel takes on Reliance Jio yet again; offers 10GB of 4G data at just Rs 259
- Saudi prince Turki Bin Saud Al-Kabir executed for murder in rare case
- Man divorces wife after seeing her first time without make-up!
- India can only 'bark', its products can't compete: Chinese state media
- Sania Mirza trolls Sanjay Manjrekar on Twitter after completing 80 consecutive weeks as World No. 1 doubles player