Police lathicharge agitating farmers in Agra
Agra: Police used batons and burst tear gas shells to disperse the agitating farmers, protesting against the real estate firm at Kuberpur town in the district Wednesday.
Farmers were protesting against the allotments of plots for the Yamuna Expressway Township, saying that plotting should not be done as the matter is sub-judice.
Three farmers were arrested for rioting.
SSP Agra S C Bajpayee, said police acted with restraint but admitted of lathicharge, firing of tear gas and rubber bullets.
Agitated over police action, farmers sat over dharna on the Agra Expressway, and lifted it only after the DIG police assured them that arrested farmers would be released.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world