Police lathicharge agitating farmers in Agra
Agra: Police used batons and burst tear gas shells to disperse the agitating farmers, protesting against the real estate firm at Kuberpur town in the district Wednesday.
Farmers were protesting against the allotments of plots for the Yamuna Expressway Township, saying that plotting should not be done as the matter is sub-judice.
Three farmers were arrested for rioting.
SSP Agra S C Bajpayee, said police acted with restraint but admitted of lathicharge, firing of tear gas and rubber bullets.
Agitated over police action, farmers sat over dharna on the Agra Expressway, and lifted it only after the DIG police assured them that arrested farmers would be released.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt