Police lathicharge agitating farmers in Agra
Agra: Police used batons and burst tear gas shells to disperse the agitating farmers, protesting against the real estate firm at Kuberpur town in the district Wednesday.
Farmers were protesting against the allotments of plots for the Yamuna Expressway Township, saying that plotting should not be done as the matter is sub-judice.
Three farmers were arrested for rioting.
SSP Agra S C Bajpayee, said police acted with restraint but admitted of lathicharge, firing of tear gas and rubber bullets.
Agitated over police action, farmers sat over dharna on the Agra Expressway, and lifted it only after the DIG police assured them that arrested farmers would be released.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Will multi-level car parking system across India help reduce traffic jams?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city