Police lathicharge agitating farmers in Agra
Agra: Police used batons and burst tear gas shells to disperse the agitating farmers, protesting against the real estate firm at Kuberpur town in the district Wednesday.
Farmers were protesting against the allotments of plots for the Yamuna Expressway Township, saying that plotting should not be done as the matter is sub-judice.
Three farmers were arrested for rioting.
SSP Agra S C Bajpayee, said police acted with restraint but admitted of lathicharge, firing of tear gas and rubber bullets.
Agitated over police action, farmers sat over dharna on the Agra Expressway, and lifted it only after the DIG police assured them that arrested farmers would be released.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today