Police party attacked in UP village
Lucknow: A police party, searching for a wanted criminal, was attacked by villagers in Mirzapur district of Uttar Pradesh while raiding a house there, police said Friday.
The villagers alleged that the policemen had sexually harassed a woman while carrying out the raid. The villagers also set afire two of their motorbikes, beat up the policemen and pelted stones at them.
Four policemen - Pannalal Saroj, Arvind Yadav, Chhotelal Kushwaha and Sewanand - were injured in the incident, police said.
An official told IANS that the police team went to Paidapur village in Mirzapur Thursday night to arrest Adalati Bind, a history-sheeter from village Rani Chaunkiya and wanted in many cases, including murder and selling drugs.
The police team went to the village after a court issued an arrest warrant against Bind. Police resorted to cane charge to bring the situation in the village under control.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Porn survey: Delhi no 1; 'animal porn' in Pune