Police reaches out to Ghaziabad rape victim
Ghaziabad: With the traumatised Ghaziabad
gang-rape victim yet to come forward to give her statement,
police is trying to counsel the 24-year-old woman in order to
make a watertight case against the four accused.
Ghaziabad SSP Raghubir Lal, who met the victim on Tuesday,
appealed her to record a statement in a court of law under
Section 164 of the CrPC (recording of confessions and
The victim, an accountant by profession, was gang-raped
by four men from Raeespur village when she was with her friend
in Kamla Nehru Nagar on the night of February 5. The accused
had also beaten up her friend till he fell unconscious while
committing the heinous crime. The accused have already
confessed to the crime.
The SSP told the victim that if she did not muster
courage against the perpetrators they could secure bail from
He assured the victim of hassle-free legal procedure
in which she would not have to appear in any court of law or
in a police station.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Former CM Panneerselvam demands secret voting in Tamil Nadu Assembly
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Exclusive: In conversation with Rajnath Singh, Union Home Minister
- DMK, Congress will vote against government formation in Tamil Nadu
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley