Police reaches out to Ghaziabad rape victim
Ghaziabad: With the traumatised Ghaziabad
gang-rape victim yet to come forward to give her statement,
police is trying to counsel the 24-year-old woman in order to
make a watertight case against the four accused.
Ghaziabad SSP Raghubir Lal, who met the victim on Tuesday,
appealed her to record a statement in a court of law under
Section 164 of the CrPC (recording of confessions and
The victim, an accountant by profession, was gang-raped
by four men from Raeespur village when she was with her friend
in Kamla Nehru Nagar on the night of February 5. The accused
had also beaten up her friend till he fell unconscious while
committing the heinous crime. The accused have already
confessed to the crime.
The SSP told the victim that if she did not muster
courage against the perpetrators they could secure bail from
He assured the victim of hassle-free legal procedure
in which she would not have to appear in any court of law or
in a police station.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred