Police recovers truck with 32,000 NCERT books
Ghaziabad: The police on Sunday recovered a stolen truck loaded with 32,000 NCERT books worth Rs 25 lakh from Nistoli area of the district.
A truck belonging to a Delhi-based transport company owned by one Ramveer was carrying the consignment of NCERT books to Assam but driver Sunil stole the heavy vehicle mid way, SSP Prashant Kumar told reporters here.
On May 1, Ramveer had lodged a complaint at Sahibabad alleging Sunil of stealing the truck with the intent of black-marketing the NCERT books. He further stated that the books were being carried to Guwahati.
Following the complaint, Sahibadad police traced Sunil and arrested him at Haridwar on May 3.
On the information provided by Sunil, the police team today recovered the NCERT books and truck from Nistoli area.
Sunil has confessed that two more people were involved in the crime and the efforts are underway to arrest them at the earliest, Kumar said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!