Police register one more gang-rape case during Muzaffarnagar riots
Muzaffarnagar: A case has been registered against three persons at Lank village here for allegedly gang-raping a woman during the Muzaffarnagar riots, police said on Thursday.
The case was registered against three accused -- Kuldeep, Maheshvir and Sikandar -- at Phugana police station yesterday on the direction of the state government.
The victim approached the government after police refused to file a complaint on her request.
This is the seventh gang-rape case which has been registered by the police. Earlier, six cases against 27 people were registered separately and 22 accused in five cases were found involved by the Special Investigation Team.
The court has initiated attachment proceedings against 21 absconding accused, police said, adding, one accused out of 22 has been arrested so far.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price