Police registers FIR after court order in Etah
Etah: Nearly two weeks after a woman was allegedly gangraped at gun point by two men in Ahera Nagla village, a court has ordered the police to lodge her complaint.
The woman was gangraped on August 7. When the victim went to lodge the FIR, the inspector of the Kotwali Soron refused to file her complaint.
The woman later approached the court following which the Additional Chief Judicial Magistrate Suneel Kumar ordered the police to lodge the FIR and a probe into the matter.
Some civil societies, including All India Citizens Committee, also sent a memorandum to the Chief Minister and the Director General of Police complaining against the inspector of the Kotwali Soron for not registering the FIR.
In a separate incident, a young girl was allegedly kidnapped while she was going to her college, police said here today.
Anjali, a student of Janta Inter College at Kaithal, was kidnapped on August 19, they said.
An FIR has been filed by the girl`s father Kashiram at Kotwali Aliganj and investigations are on in this regard.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections 2017: Samajwadi Party's 'kaam bolta hai' slogan faces litmus test