Police registers FIR after court order in Etah
Etah: Nearly two weeks after a woman was allegedly gangraped at gun point by two men in Ahera Nagla village, a court has ordered the police to lodge her complaint.
The woman was gangraped on August 7. When the victim went to lodge the FIR, the inspector of the Kotwali Soron refused to file her complaint.
The woman later approached the court following which the Additional Chief Judicial Magistrate Suneel Kumar ordered the police to lodge the FIR and a probe into the matter.
Some civil societies, including All India Citizens Committee, also sent a memorandum to the Chief Minister and the Director General of Police complaining against the inspector of the Kotwali Soron for not registering the FIR.
In a separate incident, a young girl was allegedly kidnapped while she was going to her college, police said here today.
Anjali, a student of Janta Inter College at Kaithal, was kidnapped on August 19, they said.
An FIR has been filed by the girl`s father Kashiram at Kotwali Aliganj and investigations are on in this regard.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- How has life changed since govt's demonetisation move?
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof