Police registers FIR after court order in Etah
Etah: Nearly two weeks after a woman was allegedly gangraped at gun point by two men in Ahera Nagla village, a court has ordered the police to lodge her complaint.
The woman was gangraped on August 7. When the victim went to lodge the FIR, the inspector of the Kotwali Soron refused to file her complaint.
The woman later approached the court following which the Additional Chief Judicial Magistrate Suneel Kumar ordered the police to lodge the FIR and a probe into the matter.
Some civil societies, including All India Citizens Committee, also sent a memorandum to the Chief Minister and the Director General of Police complaining against the inspector of the Kotwali Soron for not registering the FIR.
In a separate incident, a young girl was allegedly kidnapped while she was going to her college, police said here today.
Anjali, a student of Janta Inter College at Kaithal, was kidnapped on August 19, they said.
An FIR has been filed by the girl`s father Kashiram at Kotwali Aliganj and investigations are on in this regard.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security - Part II
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security - Part III
- When will Indian roads become free from potholes and open manholes?
- When will Indian roads become free from potholes and open manholes? - Part II
- No friction between Army, CRPF over Pampore operations: Northern Command
- Pakistan cannot 'conquer' Kashmir through war: Hina Rabbani Khar
- Militant killed in J&K encounter in Lolab area
- Facebook Messenger could soon let you undo sent messages
- Chargesheet in Kolkata flyover case, murder charges withdrawn