Police rescue abducted child in Ghaziabad, arrest abductor
Ghaziabad: A nine-year-old boy who was abducted on Sunday was rescued from Shalimar Garden here and his abductor arrested, police said on Wednesday.
Satish, son of Satyawan Sharma, a resident of Sahibabad area, was rescued by the police last night from Shalimar Garden, a police officer said.
His abductor, Raju was also arrested, the officer said, adding that Raju had revealed that he had a personal enmity with Satyawan.
Raju abducted Satish when he was playing near his house on December 1, the officer said. When Raju demanded ransom, Satyawan complained to the police, who traced Raju`s mobile to Shalimar Garden and rescued the boy late last night, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dengue cases on the rise in Delhi - Is the govt waiting for another epidemic?
- JNU student accuses fellow PhD scholar and AISA member of rape
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- Joint Admission Board forms panel to suggest ways to boost number of women in IITs
- Revealed! How Diana Penty prepped up for her character in 'Happy Bhag Jayegi' – Details inside
- No more surge pricing for Ola, Uber, others; all taxis to charge govt-set fares in Delhi from today
- Flood situation remains grim in UP, MP and Bihar; Ganga flowing above danger mark
- Grand welcome back home: PV Sindhu, Pullela Gopichand thank Telangana government for wonderful reception