Police rescue abducted child in Ghaziabad, arrest abductor
Ghaziabad: A nine-year-old boy who was abducted on Sunday was rescued from Shalimar Garden here and his abductor arrested, police said on Wednesday.
Satish, son of Satyawan Sharma, a resident of Sahibabad area, was rescued by the police last night from Shalimar Garden, a police officer said.
His abductor, Raju was also arrested, the officer said, adding that Raju had revealed that he had a personal enmity with Satyawan.
Raju abducted Satish when he was playing near his house on December 1, the officer said. When Raju demanded ransom, Satyawan complained to the police, who traced Raju`s mobile to Shalimar Garden and rescued the boy late last night, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption