Police team attacked, constable killed in Agra
Lucknow: A police constable was gunned down by unidentified men in Uttar Pradesh`s Agra district when he was on duty, police said on Thursday.
The incident took place in Bamrauli Ahir where a police team arrived for a search operation Wednesday night, acting on a complaint about a large procession taken out by a notorious criminal with weapons being flaunted, police said.
As the police team reached the village, which has a history of violent clashes and murders, it was attacked and policemen were beaten up.
Before they could understand the situation, constable Pradip Yadav was shot many times. The policemen who managed to escape admitted Pradip Yadav to a nearby hospital where he died, an official told IANS.
Senior police officials have rushed to the village and are trying to nab Lakhan Yadav, the notorious criminal who took out the procession. He was released on bail a few days back.
As soon as Lakhan Yadav, accused of murdering Satish Pradhan, reached the village, his supporters took out the procession carrying guns, officials said.
- Bhagat Singh's name termed as terrorist to be removed from DU textbook
- Ludhiana: Protest against DU for calling Bhagat Singh as terrorist in textbook
- Delhi: INTUC workers protest outside Subramanian Swamy's residence
- Special CBI court accuses Naveen Jindal for criminal conspiracy in coal scam
- Gujarat announces 10% reservation for economically backward class
- Tiananmen activist Lu Jinghua alleges 'India-China economic business deal' behind visa cancellation
- VIDEO: Prepare to laugh - 23 Hilarious Inzamam-ul-Haq run outs!
- DRT likely to rule on Vijay Mallya’s Diageo package today
- Inactivated Polio Vaccine (IPV): A new tool in the fight against polio – Watch to know more about it!
- Planning a trip to USA? Check out top 5 attractions for a family holiday this summer!