Policeman assaulted by group of women
Shahjahanpur: Infuriated over a policeman allegedly misbehaving with a girl, a group of women assaulted him with slippers and sandals and dragged him out of the police station in Jalalabad area here.
Officials said today that the women were angered over senior sub-inspector Jagdish Singh, posted at Jalalabad police station, allegedly misbehaving with the girl when she came to meet her brother detained by police two days back.
The women attacked Singh at the police station with slippers and sandals yesterday, they said.
In a bid to escape the attack, the SSI locked himself in a room following which the agitated women broke open the door and dragged Singh out of the police station, they said.
Later, the women blocked a main crossing here which was lifted only after the senior officials assured them that their complaint would be looked into.
The matter was being investigated and a case has been lodged against the women for preventing a government employee in discharging his duty and for assault, Additional
Superintendent of Police Surendra Varma said.
"If SSI is found guilty then action will be taken against him," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Chikungunya outbreak in Delhi: Symptoms, tips to stay safe!
- Hal Shashti Vrat 2016: What is the significance of Balaram Jayanti!
- Good news for Vaishno Devi pilgrims! Shrine Board to announce new route soon - Know details
- Samsung's 1st Tizen powered 4G smartphone Z2 launched at Rs 4,590; comes with free Jio SIM
- All-new Hyundai Elantra launched in India, price starts at Rs 12.99 lakh