Policeman assaulted by group of women
Shahjahanpur: Infuriated over a policeman allegedly misbehaving with a girl, a group of women assaulted him with slippers and sandals and dragged him out of the police station in Jalalabad area here.
Officials said today that the women were angered over senior sub-inspector Jagdish Singh, posted at Jalalabad police station, allegedly misbehaving with the girl when she came to meet her brother detained by police two days back.
The women attacked Singh at the police station with slippers and sandals yesterday, they said.
In a bid to escape the attack, the SSI locked himself in a room following which the agitated women broke open the door and dragged Singh out of the police station, they said.
Later, the women blocked a main crossing here which was lifted only after the senior officials assured them that their complaint would be looked into.
The matter was being investigated and a case has been lodged against the women for preventing a government employee in discharging his duty and for assault, Additional
Superintendent of Police Surendra Varma said.
"If SSI is found guilty then action will be taken against him," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- Muslims have always been a part of America: Obama
- Google honours legendary singer Mukesh with a doodle on 93rd birth anniversary
- Start Brexit negotiations as soon as possible: Hollande urges Britain
- 'Months before her assassination, pro-Khalistan leader had predicted Indira Gandhi's killing'
- ‘Kabali’ mania grips nation: Here’s why Rajinikanth is the one and only Thalaiva