Policeman injured in encounter with Maoists
Garhwa: A policeman was Tuesday injured in an encounter with a group of 12-15 members of a Maoist splinter group near Bhumipur village in Garhwa district.
On a tip-off that a group of men had gathered at Khetrawarpahar near the village, the police rushed to the spot at around 4 AM and a gun battle broke out lasting for about two hours, Superintendent of Police Sudhir Kumar Jha said.
Policeman Abdul Satar was injured in the encounter and has been admitted to a hospital in Ranchi.
During search operation, blood stains were found indicating injuries sustained by the Maoists.
The SP said the police were ascertaining the identity of the splinter group.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Porn survey: Delhi no 1; 'animal porn' in Pune