Policeman shot at while trying to stop fight over phone bill
Meerut: Attempting to end an altercation between students over mobile phone bill proved to be deadly for policeman Anand Pal Rana on Saturday.
According to a CNN-IBN report, the incident took place when Rana received a complaint of clash between students in Bhopal Vihar. On reaching the spot, the policeman tried to intervene and put an end to the fight between students over phone bill. However, one of the students present there shot at him.
After the policeman was shot, the remaining students fled the scene. Rana was later admitted to hospital and is in a critical condition.
A BTech student Pankaj has been identified by the police in connection with the incident while his friend Kapil is being questioned.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days