Policeman shot at while trying to stop fight over phone bill
Meerut: Attempting to end an altercation between students over mobile phone bill proved to be deadly for policeman Anand Pal Rana on Saturday.
According to a CNN-IBN report, the incident took place when Rana received a complaint of clash between students in Bhopal Vihar. On reaching the spot, the policeman tried to intervene and put an end to the fight between students over phone bill. However, one of the students present there shot at him.
After the policeman was shot, the remaining students fled the scene. Rana was later admitted to hospital and is in a critical condition.
A BTech student Pankaj has been identified by the police in connection with the incident while his friend Kapil is being questioned.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- Baba Ramdev's Patanjali enters big retail with Future Group tie-up
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar Assembly Elections: Opinion poll predicts absolute majority for Modi-led NDA
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Mother Teresa’s Missionaries of Charity orphanages to be derecognised?