Policeman shot dead by four armed goons in UP
Bareilly: A policeman was shot dead by four armed persons, who fled with their detained accomplice during raid, a senior officer said on Saturday.
Aniruddha Yadav, 42, driver of a police team which had gone out to raid a location on receiving information on Friday night regarding a loot in Babhia village, was shot dead by four armed persons, SSP Akash Kulhari said.
Acting on a tip off, Cantt police Station officer Akhtar Sajjad, sub-inspector Madanlal, constable Habeeb, Homeguard Anand Bharati and driver Aniruddha Yadav conducted a raid in Babhia village.
At the time of the raid, one miscreant, identified as Sarvesh Kashyap was detained, who during the interrogation revealed that loot was committed by the accomplices of one Karan Gangwar alias Chottu of the same village.
However, Chottu could not be found following which police detained his father Krishnapal, against whom a non bailable warrant was already pending, the SSP said.
"Acting on an input, Police team conducted a raid at another place near the village where four armed persons attacked and opened fire at the team, in which Aniruddha was hit in his neck," he said.
Yadav was rushed to a private hospital where doctors declared him brought dead. Meanwhile the criminals escaped with Kishnapal, SSP said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt