Policemen suspended for misbehaving with woman
Etawah (UP): Misbehaving with a woman proved costly for the officials of Special Operation Group of Etawah Police, as the entire team was on Friday suspended after a probe.
According to sources, the woman was a kin of Samajwadi Party chief Mulayam Singh Yadav.
The SOG team, led by in-charge Rohit Tewari, was checking vehicles here this afternoon when they stopped a luxury car, police said.
According to Senior Superintendent of Police, Rajesh D Modak, they "misbehaved" with the woman and her co-passengers.
After the woman complained about the incident, an inquiry was conducted by a senior official, which found the charges correct and the entire team including Tewari and eight constables have been placed under suspension, the SSP said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Why did Indrani Mukerjea attempt suicide?
- Dadri lynching: Locals stop Arvind Kejriwal from entering Bisara village
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves