Policemen suspended for setting a house on fire, 1 killed
Fatehpur: Four policemen including
a police outpost in-charge were today suspended for allegedly
setting a house on fire which killed one and injured another
at Chakgazipur village in Ghazipur, police said.
Lalta Prasad Dixit (55) and his son Anil (24) were
sleeping in their house last night, when a police team led by
outpost in-charge Shiv Prasad asked them to open the door, SP
Ram Bharose said.
The police was carrying out a search operation to trace a
couple who eloped on March 3 here, they added.
On finding their calls unanswered, police arsoned the
the house killing Dixit on the spot and injuring his son
seriously, they added.
An FIR in this matter has been registered by the victim`s
wife Surajkali against four policemen and 13 others, they
The inquiry was on in the case and security has been
tightened in the village keeping in view the tension
prevailing there, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok