Policemen suspended for setting a house on fire, 1 killed
Fatehpur: Four policemen including
a police outpost in-charge were today suspended for allegedly
setting a house on fire which killed one and injured another
at Chakgazipur village in Ghazipur, police said.
Lalta Prasad Dixit (55) and his son Anil (24) were
sleeping in their house last night, when a police team led by
outpost in-charge Shiv Prasad asked them to open the door, SP
Ram Bharose said.
The police was carrying out a search operation to trace a
couple who eloped on March 3 here, they added.
On finding their calls unanswered, police arsoned the
the house killing Dixit on the spot and injuring his son
seriously, they added.
An FIR in this matter has been registered by the victim`s
wife Surajkali against four policemen and 13 others, they
The inquiry was on in the case and security has been
tightened in the village keeping in view the tension
prevailing there, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees - Part II
- Monsoon havoc: Delhi lacks proper drainage system
- SC rejects plea seeking ban on WhatsApp messaging app
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet approves pay hike for govt employees