Policemen suspended for setting a house on fire, 1 killed
Fatehpur: Four policemen including
a police outpost in-charge were today suspended for allegedly
setting a house on fire which killed one and injured another
at Chakgazipur village in Ghazipur, police said.
Lalta Prasad Dixit (55) and his son Anil (24) were
sleeping in their house last night, when a police team led by
outpost in-charge Shiv Prasad asked them to open the door, SP
Ram Bharose said.
The police was carrying out a search operation to trace a
couple who eloped on March 3 here, they added.
On finding their calls unanswered, police arsoned the
the house killing Dixit on the spot and injuring his son
seriously, they added.
An FIR in this matter has been registered by the victim`s
wife Surajkali against four policemen and 13 others, they
The inquiry was on in the case and security has been
tightened in the village keeping in view the tension
prevailing there, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Arvind Kejriwal takes U-turn on water promise, says BJP
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!