Policemen suspended for setting a house on fire, 1 killed
Fatehpur: Four policemen including
a police outpost in-charge were today suspended for allegedly
setting a house on fire which killed one and injured another
at Chakgazipur village in Ghazipur, police said.
Lalta Prasad Dixit (55) and his son Anil (24) were
sleeping in their house last night, when a police team led by
outpost in-charge Shiv Prasad asked them to open the door, SP
Ram Bharose said.
The police was carrying out a search operation to trace a
couple who eloped on March 3 here, they added.
On finding their calls unanswered, police arsoned the
the house killing Dixit on the spot and injuring his son
seriously, they added.
An FIR in this matter has been registered by the victim`s
wife Surajkali against four policemen and 13 others, they
The inquiry was on in the case and security has been
tightened in the village keeping in view the tension
prevailing there, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy? Part II
- Washed out Tests: ICC sanctions loom over 'poor' outfields at Kingsmead, Queen's Park Oval
- Madhya Pradesh Assembly ratifies GST Bill
- Haryana CM forgets PV Sindhu’s name, says she’s from Karnataka: Report
- Scarlett Keeling's death caused by external forces, claims defence
- Will viewing torrent sites and blocked URLs really land you in jail?