Policies of Centre, Gujarat govt benefiting corporates: Mayawati
Rajkot: Accusing the Congress-led UPA government at Centre and Narendra Modi government in Gujarat of coming to power on the "financial muscle power" of corporates, BSP chief Mayawati on Sunday attributed the surge in corruption to "anti-poor and anti-Dalit" policies.
"Congress at Centre and BJP in Gujarat came to power with the financial help of a few industrialists and their policies are tilted in favour of corporates," the former Uttar Pradesh chief minister said while addressing a poll meeting at Shastri Maidan here.
BSP has fielded 163 candidates for the 182 Gujarat Assembly seats going to polls on December 13 and 17.
Mayawati alleged that the poor were bearing the brunt of inflation and price rise due to faulty policies of the "wrong parties" which are in power at the Centre and in Gujarat. "In Gujarat too poor people are suffering," she said.
"It is the Centre`s responsibility to eradicate poverty but because of its faulty policies there is no sign of reduction in poverty and the state government (Gujarat) has adopted similar policies," Mayawati said.
Slamming Congress for announcing `ghar nu ghar` scheme for urban poor and women in Gujarat and BJP for a similar one to build 50 lakh houses, Mayawati said both the parties were actually imitating the policy conceptualised by her erstwhile government in Uttar Pradesh.
Accusing Modi government of "neglecting" Dalits and backward classes and framing them in false cases, "I have been told that Dalits have been harassed in Gujarat for last few years. Even though some of Dalits were killed, no FIR was lodged against culprits".
Mayawati was referring to the Than firing in which three Dalit youths were killed in Sabarkantha district in September.
She claimed that BSP was the only party working for the cause of Dalits and downtrodden sections of the society.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- Kejriwal accuses Centre of trying to rule Delhi through LG
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- Expect that Rahul will be Congress president in 2015: Jairam Ramesh
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- DNA: Analysis of Hurriyat chief Syed Geelani's passport issue
- DNA: Analysis of traffic system of Vancouver, Canada
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- Amethi: Rahul Gandhi faces protests from angry villagers
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 expected to be announced on May 21
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015: JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015 (jharkhandeducation.net) likely to be announced on Thursday May 21 at 1 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results to be announced on May 21 at www.apeamcet.org
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- IPL 2015: Rajasthan Royals vs Royal Challengers Bangalore - As it happened...
- DHSE (dhsekerala.gov.in) 12th Result 2015: Kerala DHSE Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced on May 21
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be declared on May 21
- 'IAS officer DK Ravi possibly committed suicide, suffered big loss in real estate business'