Political parties flay Cong for accusing UP govt
Lucknow: Political parties on Thursday hit
back at Congress for levelling charges of corruption and
misuse of central funds against the Mayawati government,
alleging that UPA at the Centre was equally responsible for
"The central government is equally responsible for
the misdeeds of the Uttar Pradesh government and its loot as
it has helped it run smoothly despite all-round criticisms,"
SP spokesman Rajendra Chaudhary said.
"We had been raising the issue of misappropriation of
the NRHM funds since long and we wonder as to why this
government has not been dismissed even though the matter has
been raised by the Congress leaders several times," Chaudhary
BJP spokesman Vijay Pathak alleged that as the BSP
government was "looting the state" so was the Congress
government "looting the country".
He said Gandhi should not "exploit the situation for
his political gains."
"After remaining a mute spectator to the misdeeds of
the BSP government for long, Congress is also stung by the
dissatisfaction of the people for the state government," he
Both the Congress and BSP have "tacit understanding
and it would be better if the Congress general secretary
refrained from issuing mere statements to befool the people",
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch: Reports on final deal of M-777 tanks between India and America
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends