Political parties flay Cong for accusing UP govt
Lucknow: Political parties on Thursday hit
back at Congress for levelling charges of corruption and
misuse of central funds against the Mayawati government,
alleging that UPA at the Centre was equally responsible for
"The central government is equally responsible for
the misdeeds of the Uttar Pradesh government and its loot as
it has helped it run smoothly despite all-round criticisms,"
SP spokesman Rajendra Chaudhary said.
"We had been raising the issue of misappropriation of
the NRHM funds since long and we wonder as to why this
government has not been dismissed even though the matter has
been raised by the Congress leaders several times," Chaudhary
BJP spokesman Vijay Pathak alleged that as the BSP
government was "looting the state" so was the Congress
government "looting the country".
He said Gandhi should not "exploit the situation for
his political gains."
"After remaining a mute spectator to the misdeeds of
the BSP government for long, Congress is also stung by the
dissatisfaction of the people for the state government," he
Both the Congress and BSP have "tacit understanding
and it would be better if the Congress general secretary
refrained from issuing mere statements to befool the people",
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire